Helpful info for your stay at Cloghaun Bed and Breakfast
- Covid-19 Info: We take the safety of our staff and guests seriously. We follow all Michigan State requirements, have implemented additional cleaning protocols, and have made breakfast at the inn safe and socially distanced via breakfast reservations.
- BYOB: The inn does not sell alcohol, but we welcome you to BYOB to enjoy in a safe and respectful manner.
- Check-In is at 3:00 PM; Check-Out is at 10:00 AM. Your personal luggage can be stored for early arrival if your room is not yet ready. If you would like to continue to enjoy the island after the 10am check-out, please ask the innkeeper for a storage space that can be offered. NOTE: Late arrivals to Cloghaun after 6 pm must call prior to make arrangement for check-in with the staff. Their private phone number is 906-430-7570.
- Deposit and Payments for In-Season Reservations: A minimum of one-night’s lodging or 50% of the total stay (whichever is larger) is required as a deposit for a confirmation. The final balance is automatically charged 2 days prior to the arrival. Make sure the credit card on file for your reservation is active and current so there will be no delay to finalize the stay. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted. If cancellation is made at least 14 days prior to the first night’s stay, a refund will be made, less a $35 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation Policies: MAY AND OCTOBER RESERVATIONS-If cancellation is made by phone at least 14 days prior to the first night’s stay, a refund will be made less $35 cancellation fee per room. The remaining balance will be refunded to the credit card on file. Without a 14 day notice, or if the guest arrives after the first night of the reservation, the payment in full for any and all rooms will be forfeited and any subsequent nights canceled unless phone notification is received by 6pm the first night of the stay to hold the room(s). JUNE/JULY/AUGUST/SEPTEMBER/SPECIAL EVENTS/HOLIDAYS/GROUPS OF 3 OR MORE ROOMS-During these times, all cancellations require a phone notification at least 30 days prior to the first night’s stay. A cancellation processing fee of $35 per room will be charged and the remaining balance paid as a deposit will be refunded to the credit card shown on file. Without 30 days notice, or if the guest(s) arrive after the first night of the reservation, the payment in full for any and all rooms will be forfeited and subsequent nights canceled unless phone notification is received by 6pm the first night of the stay to hold the room(s).
- All reservations have a minimum 2- or 3-night stay (depending on dates). At times single nights become available between other confirmed reservations. If a single night is open for reserving, the total rate plus tax is required at the time of conformation.
- Children over the age of 5 years and older are welcome, but must be kept under supervision for their own safety and to respect the privacy or others. Only adults 21 years of age or older may make reservations and rent and stay in a room on their own. Valid ID may be requested at check in.
- Sorry, we are unable to accommodate pets.
- Smoking is permitted in the side yard only.
What our Guests are Saying…
Excellent, will go back next year!
My best friend and I picked Cloghaun on a whim because of price and dates available. We couldn’t have been happier! Very clean, charming, and lots of history. Very friendly staff. Cozy beds and delicious breakfast. Already looking into booking again for next fall.