Helpful info for you stay at Cloghaun Bed and Breakfast
- Covid-19 Info: We take the safety of our staff and guests seriously. We follow all Michigan State requirements, have implemented additional cleaning protocols, and have made breakfast at the inn safe and socially distanced via breakfast reservations.
- BYOB: The inn does not sell alcohol, but we welcome you to BYOB to enjoy in a safe and respectful manner.
- Check-In is at 3:00 PM; Check-Out is at 10:00 AM. Your personal luggage can be stored for early arrival if your room is not yet ready. If you would like to continue enjoy the island after the 10am check-out, please ask the innkeeper for a storage space that can be offered. NOTE: Late arrivals to Cloghaun after 6 pm must call prior to make arrangement for check-in with the staff. Their private phone number is 906-430-7570.
- Deposit and Payments for In-Season Reservations: A minimum of one-night’s lodging or 50% of the total stay (whichever is larger) is required as a deposit for a confirmation. The final balance is automatically charged 2 days prior to the arrival. Make sure the credit card on file for your reservation is active and current so there will be no delay to finalize the stay. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted. If cancellation is made at least 14 days prior to the first night’s stay, a refund will be made, less a $35 cancellation fee. Without 14-day notice, or if the guest arrives after the first night of the reservation, the deposit will be forfeited and any subsequent nights canceled unless notification is received to hold the room. The forfeiture of payments for “Specials”also applies as a non-refundable if notcancled by phone 3 days prior to arrival. All cancelations must be made by phone, – email/text cancelations are not accepted.
- All reservations have a minimum 2- or 3-night stay (depending on dates). At times single nights become available between other confirmed reservations. If a single night is open for reserving, the total rate plus tax is required at the time of conformation.
- Children over the age of 2 years are welcome, but must be kept under supervision for their own safety and to respect the privacy or others.
- Sorry, we are unable to accommodate pets.
- Smoking is permitted in the side yard only.
What our Guests are Saying…
Excellent, will go back next year!
My best friend and I picked Cloghaun on a whim because of price and dates available. We couldn’t have been happier! Very clean, charming, and lots of history. Very friendly staff. Cozy beds and delicious breakfast. Already looking into booking again for next fall.